Monday, March 9, 2009

Now and Zen

planned to go to a sit on Sunday, but over slept. however, the daily meditations are doing much better (in frequency / regularity as well as smoothness). in the past 5 days there were 4 sessions. some were very good (defined as minimal mental wandering). perhaps it will soon be time to do longer sits (perhaps 15 min at a time). about the time I can do 2 or 3 sessions in a row with only one or two interruptions, it's probably time to make things harder.

I wonder how many people find meditation with large amounts of white noise? last night I spent some time waiting for my computer (very loud, many fans to prevent meltdown, modest overclocking) to finish copying a large number of files, so I meditated... it was much smoother, fewer interruptions, much more pleasant, almost effortless.

==========

No comments: