Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Crunch Week 5 - Day 2

WOW! Never expected this kind of result. Day 2 (and 3, for Weeks 5 & 6) has 8 sets, so I get 9 pushup sets in. The totals are mind-boggling. I stopped a little early on the first set of pushups (pacing), but was having problems with breathing (my Gi top was covering much of my lower face, and I kept breathing the same air, thus the low totals for rounds 2 & 3, stripped it off after that). Actually, a sweaty, heavy canvas Gi top can weigh about 40 pounds, so pulling it off was a real help to me... 8)

The crunches still aren't killing me, so I hope to have a video up of 100 crunches before the end of the month. I plan to put numbers in the footer for counting. Then I need to learn how to speed things up, so the first and last 10 are normal speed, but most of the middle is 2 or 3 times faster... I'm going to see if I can find a MIDI version of Flight of the Bumblebee, so that I can change the pace to match the speedup of the video (start slow, build the speed, slow for the finish...). Somehow I don't imagine the sound of me grunting and breathing durring the crunches will appeal, especailly once I speed things up...

crunches: 19/19/22/27/18/18/22/60 on a spec of (same (except 27, should have been 22)/45 - total of 205)
pushups: 25/17/18/20/20/16 (plus 14/14/10) (total of 116 for 1st 6 sets, like others before) grand total of 154!

no wonder I'm sore... can't wait for tomorrow...

==========

No comments: